Science Journalist – 9 month contract
The Royal Institution of Australia operates Australia’s only multimedia science communication platform. We are a not-for-profit based organisation obtaining support from members, sponsors and the public. Our mission is to promote the public awareness and understanding of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
The Royal Institution of Australia operates three specific activities: Cosmos Magazine and cosmosmagazine.com; our Education portal; and the SCINEMA International Science Film Festival. All areas are designed to support our mission.
This role will support all content creation areas of the organisation. This is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate as it will expose you to all facets of the production and delivery of content across digital, print and video platforms. There will be opportunities to develop your skills in all areas.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Generate written pieces of content
• Sub-editing and fact-checking
• Image sourcing
• Digital content – upload and format text, video and image-based content
• Social media – content generation and sourcing of assets
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience using content management systems, in particular WordPress
• A science and/or communications degree
• Accurate writing, sub-editing and proof-reading skills
• A keen interested in all areas of STEM
• An eye for detail and accuracy
• The ability to manage multiple task
This role is offered on a full time basis for a 9-month contract from September 2020. The role is based in Adelaide.
You must be an Australian citizen/permanent resident with appropriate work visas.
A covering letter and resume should be directed to Chuck Smeeton at email@example.com