Cosmos is all about aiming to inspire curiosity in “The Science of Everything” and make the world of science accessible to everyone.
At Cosmos, we deliver the latest in science with beautiful pictures, clear explanations of the latest discoveries and breakthroughs and great writing.
Winner of 47 awards for high-quality journalism and design, Cosmos is a print magazine, online digital edition updated daily, and a daily and weekly e-Newsletter. Many articles feature an educational resource with custom, curriculum-mapped lessons for years 7 to 10 which you can find through our Education platform.
Cosmos is a quarterly print magazine. Our four editions each year cover the best of global science. Cosmos is produced by The Royal Institution of Australia Inc (RiAus), a science communications organisation based in Adelaide, Australia. To become a subscriber click here.
Highlights from the latest issue include:
- How to land on an asteroid – the inside story of the epic 5 billion km missions that are hoping to learn more about Earth’s origins
- Pokie in your pocket – do we love our smartphones a little too much? We look at the neurological evidence [read extract here]
- The global hunt for a COVID vaccine – some labs are running hard for line honours, others are playing the long game [read extract here]
- Particle Facebook – social media might provide the clues for one of the most intriguing problems in physics
- Traditional stargazers – a rare insight into the millennia-old knowledge of Indigenous Australian astronomers
- Saving Madagascar – could edible insects help solve both human food shortages and habitat loss for the huge island’s amazing wildlife?
- Why Siri needs more Star Trek – Chief Scientist Alan Finkel looks back to look forward [read full article here]
- Plus the latest research news, specialist views and amazing facts you’d expect from Australia’s only popular science magazine.
Our editorial team, along with outside contributors, collaborate to investigate the latest science news, discoveries, developments, events and more. We cover daily science news on our website, along with long features, multi-media and our print magazine content. Visit cosmosmagazine.com now.
Read science facts, not fiction...
There’s never been a more important time to explain the facts, cherish evidence-based knowledge and to showcase the latest scientific, technological and engineering breakthroughs. Cosmos is published by The Royal Institution of Australia, a charity dedicated to connecting people with the world of science. Financial contributions, however big or small, help us provide access to trusted science information at a time when the world needs it most. Please support us by making a donation or purchasing a subscription today.