Associate Professor Toby Coates is renal transplant nephrologist at the Central Northern Adelaide Renal and Transplantation Service. He is also a consultant to the National Transplantation Service for Tissue Typing. He has authored 80 papers on transplantation immunology and is currently the Honorary Secretary of the Transplantation Society of Australia and New Zealand. In January of 2012 he was appointed Associate Editor for Transplantation and Immunology of the prestigious journal Kidney International, the journal of the International Society of Nephrology. He runs an active clinical and basic science research group with total research funding of over 4.5 million dollars in the last 8 years. He is Associate Professor in the University of Adelaide.
Related Past Events:
- Lost In Translation: Evidence-based healthcare
- Vaccination Café
- Science Behind the Headlines: Drugs in Sport
- Forever Young
- Book club: Flowers for Algernon
- A Week In Science – 5 July 2013
- A Week In Science (Podcast) – 26 July 2013
- What is Immunisation?
- A Week In Science – 19 April 2013
- Mobile Phone Addiction – is it really a thing?