Science Behind the Headlines: Australia’s Innovation Future
Australia’s science and innovation is a vital part of the nation’s future, however is likely to be overshadowed in the current electioneering. Australia has a rich and proud history in science and innovation, and the benefits of this investment surround us everyday, from advancements in health care to communications. In this special Science Behind the Headlines we’ll examine why science and innovation is one of the major critical issues facing Australia in the next 5 years, and what Australia needs to ensure we remain the ‘clever country’.
We’ll also cross live to the Shine Dome in Canberra to speak with political lobbyists about how to increase political pressure to ensure science and innovation receives the support it requires, and discuss how science and innovation is also critical for non-scientific policies.
This will be an unmissable edition of Science Behind the Headlines.
- Les Field, Vice-President & Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) – UNSW and Secretary for Science Policy – Australian Academy of Science
- Catriona Jackson, CEO – Science & Technology Australia
- Ben Stapley, Policy Manager, CropLife Australia
- Ashley Wells, Policy Director – Federal Chamber of Automative Industries and
- Paul Willis, Director – RiAus
See the Storify
In association with AusSMC
This project is supported by the Inspiring Australia Initiative and Australian Department of Innovation, Industry, Science, Research and Tertiary Education.