Your skin is one of the most visible indicators of age – so what can you do to keep looking young? We watched an advance screening of Catalyst TV’s special ‘Skin Deep’, focusing on sun damage and the search for eternal youth. We then continued the live discussion, hosted by Maryanne Demasi, with her guests Dr. Phil Mohr and Dr. Cathy Reid, exploring the psychology and dermatology behind society’s multi-billion dollar obsession with skin.
Why are we so reluctant to age? What skin care and procedures actually work? What are the most common skin conditions, and how can we combat them?
View videos from the event
View photos from the event
In association with ABC TV’s Catalyst.
Related Past Events:
- Lost In Translation: Evidence-based healthcare
- RiAus PDplus: Regenerative Medicine
- The Clock: Special Performance with a Science of Ageing Panel Discussion
- Let's talk about SEX!
- Vaccination Café
- The Science of Sunscreen
- Telomeres and The Biological Clock
- A Week In Science - 1 March 2013
- A Week In Science (Podcast) – 26 July 2013
- You and your skin - the price of beauty