Your skin is one of the most visible indicators of age – so what can you do to keep looking young? We watched an advance screening of Catalyst TV’s special ‘Skin Deep’, focusing on sun damage and the search for eternal youth. We then continued the live discussion, hosted by Maryanne Demasi, with her guests Dr. Phil Mohr and Dr. Cathy Reid, exploring the psychology and dermatology behind society’s multi-billion dollar obsession with skin.
Why are we so reluctant to age? What skin care and procedures actually work? What are the most common skin conditions, and how can we combat them?
View videos from the event
View photos from the event
In association with ABC TV’s Catalyst.
Related Past Events:
- Lost In Translation: Evidence-based healthcare
- RiAus PDplus: Regenerative Medicine
- Susan Greenfield Live - A Day in the Life of the Brain
- Vaccination Café
- Let's talk about SEX!
- Reading Hair Roots in Space
- A Week In Science - 1 March 2013
- The science of twins!
- The Science of Sunscreen
- Survey responses reflect Aussie boozing behaviour