A Week In Science – 5 October 2012
The Great Barrier Reef has lost nearly 50% of its coral cover in last 27 years. Article from the New York Times
Roman and Chinese empires 2000 years ago caused significant increases in greenhouse gas emissions Article from the Sydney Morning Herald
Compound found in Black Mamba snake venom produces a strong painkiller effect Article from The Conversation
When Gouldian Finches use their right eye to choose their mate Article from Discover Magazine
Evidence that early humans were eating meat 1.5 million years ago Article from the UK Press Association
GM cow produces low-allergenic milk Article from the BBC
Functioning neurons generated from other brain cell types Article from Scientific American
Stem cells used to produce functional eggs Article from ABC Science
Related Past Events:
- 'Where? Why? Where?' and 'Earth: May Contain Traces of Human'
- The Festival of Ideas on the road
- Susan Greenfield Live - A Day in the Life of the Brain
- Forever Young
- Step into the garden: Fascinating plant tours
- How termites conquered the world
- I Love Food. Don't You?
- The science of twins!
- A Week In Science - 1 March 2013
- Doco Review: What Plants Talk About