A Week In Science – 2 November 2012
Colour test for detecting diseases Article from MedGadget
Two super-bright supernovae detected allowing insight into the death of some of the oldest stars
Article from Cosmos
Pigment which gives red hair may also cause melanoma, independent of sun exposure Article from Nature
Tone deaf people may struggle to hear emotion in voices Article from ABC
Prime Minister’s Science Prize awarded to Ken Freeman for work on the structure of galaxies and dark matter Article from The Conversation
Related Past Events:
- Susan Greenfield Live - A Day in the Life of the Brain
- Manthropology: The science of the inadequate modern male
- Book Club: Star-Craving Mad with Fred Watson
- Lost In Translation: Evidence-based healthcare
- The Oxford Lecture: Supersize me!
- The science of twins!
- Attack of the (robot) bees!
- Space Calendar 2016
- Reading Hair Roots in Space
- What Your Tongue Won’t Tell You About Taste